This short book reviews the nature, origins, and purposes of adversity and includes suggestions on how to patiently trust in the Lord and His eternal plan and how to use these trials to learn and grow stronger.
You can benefit from your trials if you:
- Develop a relationship with God and let Him carry your burdens.
- Let others help you.
- Trust that the Lord is in control and allow His will to be done.
- Remember that everyone has challenges.
- Let adversity make you a better person.
- Live with integrity, be patient, and make the best of your situation
- Serve others.
- Keep a positive attitude and an eternal perspective.
A summary of the book was published as “Learning Through Life’s Trials” in the March 2010 issue of the Ensign magazine, pp. 27-31.
An abbreviated version of the book was given as a devotional address at Brigham Young University-Idaho on October 30, 2007.